Re: xReader, double-effort

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Andres Freund <andres(at)anarazel(dot)de>, aakash(dot)bits(at)gmail(dot)com, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: xReader, double-effort
Date: 2012-04-26 18:11:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>>> <sigh> Yes, it appears very similar. I didn't know about this.

This isn't a problem. In fact, it's the *exact opposite* of a problem.

The student wanted to do more advanced things with the xlog stream, and
we convinced him to narrow the scope in order to make the project
achievable.

With 2Q having done some/most of the basic work, the student can focus
on more advanced applications of the data again. Win!

However, it would be great if someone from 2Q co-mentored him.

--Josh