Welcome to GSOC 2012!

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: pgsql-students(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: aakash(dot)bits(at)gmail(dot)com, aekorotkov(at)gmail(dot)com, atri(dot)jiit(at)gmail(dot)com, huangqiyx(at)gmail(dot)com, zhengyang4k(at)gmail(dot)com, Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>, Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga(at)uptime(dot)jp>, Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Thom Brown <thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Welcome to GSOC 2012!
Date: 2012-04-24 00:35:05
Lists: pgsql-students

Students, mentors:

Welcome to the GSOC 2012 program! We have 5 great projects for this
Summer of Code, and I hope to see all our students do great things.

First, if you have not already, please sign up for the pgsql-students
mailing list:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-students/

This will be the main discussion list for matters relating to GSOC.

Second, I'll introduce you to our two admins: myself and Thom Brown.
Josh Berkus josh(at)postgresql(dot)org
Thom Brown thombrown(at)gmail(dot)com
Please contact us at any time if you are having issues with your mentor
or student, GSOC, google, or your schedule. For best results, email
both of us.

Within the next two weeks, each student should have a chat with his/her
mentor about the student's GSOC project. This could be by voice, Skype,
or by IM or IRC chat. However, it's important that you get acquainted
with your mentor before SOC starts, so please try to schedule it.

Thanks, and welcome to SOC.

--Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Project