Getting stats out of postgresql

From: "Crombleholme, Roy" <Roy(dot)Crombleholme(at)its(dot)lancscc(dot)gov(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Getting stats out of postgresql
Date: 2003-05-28 14:34:58
Lists: pgsql-novice

Hi all. I am trying to get some stats out of postgresql. I'm running 7.2.1
opn Solaris 8. I want to be able to monitor the number of connections and
what people are connected and wat they are doing etc... I have turned
access statistic gathering on in my postgresql.conf file so i could do with
getting the figures out of the database somehow with a monitoring tool.

Any ideas, my hair is beginning to get very thin!!! :(

Roy Crombleholme
Trainee ICT Engineer
ICT Services
Resources Directorate
Lancashire County Council
01772 5-31849
Email: roy(dot)crombleholme(at)its(dot)lancscc(dot)gov(dot)uk

This e-mail contains information intended for the addressee only.
It may be confidential and may be the subject of legal and/or professional privilege.
If you are not the addressee you are not authorised to disseminate, distribute, copy or use this e-mail or any attachment to it
The content may be personal or contain personal opinions and unless specifically stated or followed up in writing, the content cannot be taken to form a contract or to be an expression of the County Council's position.
LCC reserves the right to monitor all incoming and outgoing email
LCC has taken reasonable steps to ensure that outgoing communications do not contain malicious software and it is your responsibility to carry out any checks on this email before accepting the email and opening attachments.