Re: Discouraging new projects from pgFoundry

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Discouraging new projects from pgFoundry
Date: 2012-04-10 07:46:46
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 10.04.2012 10:17, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 08:41, Heikki Linnakangas
>> I've been thinking of migrating pldebugger out of pgfoundry, converting it
>> to git, and modernizing it by packaging as an extension. What should I do? I
>> can host the git repository at github or git.postgresql.org, but what's the
>> best place to get a website, a wiki, and a mailing list these days?
>> sourceforge?
>
> If you need mailinglists, I think that's pretty much where you have to
> go. github will give you everything except a mailinglist, and I
> believe the same holds for bitbucket. I don't know of anybody other
> than sourceforge that actually provide mailinglists.

Hmm, pldebugger is quite intimately related to pgAdmin, as that's the
GUI that uses the pldebugger API, so on second thought it's probably
best to just have all pldebugger-related discussions on the pgadmin
mailing list. In fact, there's currently no mailing list for pldebugger
anyway, so the volume isn't very high :-). Then github can provide
everything else.

Actually, I'm not sure if pldebugger needs a separate website either,
could just create a subpage on the pgadmin website.

--
Heikki Linnakangas