Re: Switching to Homebrew as recommended Mac install?

From: Jay Levitt <jay(dot)levitt(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Switching to Homebrew as recommended Mac install?
Date: 2012-04-01 20:19:23
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Jay Levitt wrote:
> POSSIBLE OBJECTIONS/PREREQUISITES

10. There is no homebrew support for multiple versions, and no current plans
to add it (though it's on the wishlist). This means homebrew is only useful
if "I want to install a PostgreSQL thingie" is the common Mac use case. If
people often need to use specific older versions, to mirror their server
configs, it's a problem. It *might* be possible to hack this into our
formula, but I'm not sure it's either doable or acceptable.