Problems with Binary Replication

From: Andreas <maps(dot)on(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Problems with Binary Replication
Date: 2012-03-31 19:42:34
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,
I configured a master and a hot-standby server as described here:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Binary_Replication_Tutorial#Starting_Replication_with_only_a_Quick_Master_Restart

At first everything looked ok.
Then some days later I find that at least some sequences on the
hot-standby are higher than those on the master.
I checked only one table with such a leaped sequence as primary key and
there where no entries for the higher sequence values.

How can this happen?