Re: [v9.2] Add GUC sepgsql.client_label

From: Yeb Havinga <yebhavinga(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Kohei KaiGai <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, PgHacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Joshua Brindle <jbrindle(at)tresys(dot)com>
Subject: Re: [v9.2] Add GUC sepgsql.client_label
Date: 2012-03-16 07:44:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 2012-03-15 21:45, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 11:10 AM, Kohei KaiGai<kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp> wrote:
>> If it is ready to commit, please remember the credit to Yeb's volunteer
>> on this patch.
> Done.

In the patch with copy-editing documentation following that commit, at
"in at their option", s/in// ? Also 'rather than .. as mandated by the
system': I'm having trouble parsing 'as'. It is also unclear to me what
'system' means: selinux or PostgreSQL, or both? I suspect it is
PostgreSQL, since selinux is still enforcing / 'mandating' it's policy.
What about "rather than that the switch is controlled by the PostgreSQL
server, as in the case of a trusted procedure."

+ Dynamic domain transitions should be considered carefully, because they
+ allow users to switch their label, and therefore their privileges, in
+ at their option, rather than (as in the case of a trusted procedure)
+ as mandated by the system.

--
Yeb Havinga
http://www.mgrid.net/