Re: Strange character in Table Properties

From: Colin Beckingham <colbec(at)start(dot)ca>
To: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Strange character in Table Properties
Date: 2012-03-13 22:45:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

On 03/13/2012 05:18 PM, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Tue, 2012-03-13 at 08:30 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:
>> 1.15 Dev, latest from git.
>>
>> This is not an error, no crash, no backtrace, just an unexplained
>> character in property definition.
>>
>> 1. open pgadmin
>> 2. drill down and right click a table name, click on properties
>> 3. click the 'columns' tab
>> 4. columns are listed. Window shows:
>> ['Column name','Definition','Inherited from table']
>> data for my columns appear in the first two but the inherited from is
>> blank since it is not inherited from anything.
>> Dotted box appears around the three columns so this is a group.
>> 5. however there appears to be an untitled ghost 4th column
>> since there is a text numeric character (I have seen 2,3) to the
>> right of the third column.
>
> Actually, there are some invisible columns after the three visible ones.
> I have no ideas why it shows something.

I have attached a jpg image of what my screen shows. I selected a
different table this time in case the table was the issue. Let me know
what other info I can supply.

>> 6. select one of the three column groups (click inside dotted box) click
>> change, dialog box appears.
>> 7. adjust the comment for the column, click ok. Nothing is saved.
>
> Are you sure? because it works for me. The OK button is enabled and the
> SQL textbox is filled with the COMMENT statement.

My error here. The comment does appear in the SQL statement. I was
expecting the change button to immediately bring back the new comment in
the columns tab, but it does not, presumably it has not fully refreshed.
If I close the properties box and reopen it the new comment is there.

--
---
Colin Beckingham

Attachment Content-Type Size