Re: Gin index insert performance issue

From: Rural Hunter <ruralhunter(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Gin index insert performance issue
Date: 2012-03-13 07:52:47
Lists: pgsql-performance

Thanks for the reply. Your index is much larger than mine..so I see some
light. :)

于 2012/3/13 14:29, Jesper Krogh 写道:

> Our solution is to turn "fastupdate" off for our gin-indices.
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/sql-createindex.html
> Can also be set with ALTER TABLE ALTER INDEX
I will check and try that.

> I would have preferred a "backend local" batch-update process so it
> could batch up everything from its own transaction instead of interferring
> with other transactions.
have you tested if there is any performance boot for backend
batch-update comparing the real time updates?

> I would say, that we came from Xapian and the PG-index is a way better
> fit for our application. The benefits of having the fts index next to
> all the
> other data saves a significant amount of development time in the
> application
> both in terms of development and maintaince. (simpler, easier and more
> manageble).
Yes, that's why I'm still looking for the improvment inside pg. This is
really a big dev/maint saver.