Newbie question

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <m(dot)kurki-suonio(at)saunalahti(dot)fi>
To: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Newbie question
Date: 2012-03-01 20:49:14
Lists: pgsql-novice

I have recently downloaded the postresql-program in connection with the
Poker Tracker -software. I have really no idea what postgresql does, and
I don´t care either. One side-effect however is, that when I start my
PC-computer, the startup routine stalls at the hardware supplyers
background icon and the "User"-icon (or rather the finnish equivalent),
which I have to click in order to proceed to the main view. I know, this
is a minor inconvenience, but I would appreciate if there was a way to
bypass this and get the computer as quickly as possible operational with
one start-button press, like before.

Kind regards,
Mikko Kurki-Suonio
Helsinki, Finland