Re: Syntax got translated

From: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Syntax got translated
Date: 2012-02-20 21:14:32
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Am 20.02.2012 21:55, schrieb Tom Lane:
> It seems to boil down to whether you think the "Modifiers" column
> contains SQL, or a textual description of the column's properties.
> I could go either way on that, but I notice that the existing code
> is in the habit of truncating the default expression at 128 characters.
> If we want to decide that we're printing real, copy-and-pastable SQL,
> that seems like a bad idea. On the other hand, if we're printing
> informational text, it's not an unreasonable thing.
>
> regards, tom lane

We might also have a culture difference here.

I discovered it during a demonstration in my training class.
The whole class laughed - when they read "Vorgabewert" instead of Default.

Maybe Germans aren't used to have a translation here - Maybe French folk
is used to have a translation here.

Regards,

Susanne

--
Dipl. Inf. Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant
www.2ndQuadrant.com