Re: GIT move

From: Vitalii Tymchyshyn <tivv00(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GIT move
Date: 2012-02-08 14:41:04
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hello.

GitHub pull request along with the code has something like forum thread
that may have comments attached. Initial pull request has title and
description. So it does not differ much from mailing list.
The problem is that IMHO it's not good to have multiple places for
discussion, that's why as for me mailing list is good place, but pull
request discussions should be mirrored here much like bugzilla comments
usually mirrored to -dev mailing lists.
Note that programmers that are used to github can propose patches with
pull requests. This should not be ignored. If there will be a message to
the list, community will be able to respond.
The question is if patch itself should land into mailing list archives
or pull request reference with all the comments is enough.

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn

08.02.12 15:55, Dave Cramer написав(ла):