Re: Austin PGDay Speaker(s)

From: Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Jon Erdman <postgresql(at)thewickedtribe(dot)net>, "austinpug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <austinpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>, Steven Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(dot)berkus(at)pgexperts(dot)com>, Rob Brucks <rob(dot)brucks(at)rackspace(dot)com>, Corey_Horton(at)Dell(dot)com, Will Leinweber <will(at)heroku(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)enova(dot)com>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Wheeler <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>, Robert Treat <rob(at)xzilla(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Austin PGDay Speaker(s)
Date: 2012-02-04 16:45:00
Lists: austinpug

On 02/04/2012 09:10 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> Seems once they announce and Austin has a firm venue, people who are
>> attending both events need to book flights from from Austin to DC --- we
>> can take the train from DC to NYC.
> FYI, the DC event is in Sterling, VA, which is right near Dulles
> airport, so I suggest people get flights into Dulles.

I'm waiting for the DC event to be booked before I nail down my own
travel plans, but I will likely attend all three of the PUG events. I
expect to take a round-trip from PHL to Austin (the $240 flights out of
there are unbeatable), then drive from there to the DC location. That
would let me offer a few people a ride from PHL to the DC venue. Fast
to go right from Austin to Dulles, that may not be practical to book in
all cases through.