Re: Austin PGDay Speaker(s)

From: Jon Erdman <postgresql(at)thewickedtribe(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "austinpug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <austinpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, "Jonathan S(dot) Katz" <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>, Steven Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(dot)berkus(at)pgexperts(dot)com>, Greg Smith <gsmith(at)gregsmith(dot)com>, Rob Brucks <rob(dot)brucks(at)rackspace(dot)com>, Corey_Horton(at)Dell(dot)com, Will Leinweber <will(at)heroku(dot)com>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Jim Nasby <jnasby(at)enova(dot)com>, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, David Wheeler <david(at)justatheory(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Austin PGDay Speaker(s)
Date: 2012-02-04 01:41:40
Lists: austinpug

On 02/03/2012 05:32 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> FYI, I see flights round-trip from Philly for USD $240. You
> realize there is perhaps plan for a Washington DC PGDay on March
> 30? I think they are waiting on an venue too.

Damn, that's so cheap I almost want to tell you to book it now (and
twist Greg's arm) even though we don't have paperwork on the venue
yet. They said it was available and quoted the price, but we called
too late today to get a hold of them for a definite 100% yes.

You know what? Go ahead and grab it if you can. If we have to change
the day (very unlikely) I will personally eat the cost of that ticket.
That's just too cheap to pass up!

Yes sir, Mr. Katz and I planned it that way so we could share
speakers. The idea is folks can come into Austin, then hit DC, then
NYC, then out. This will work particularly well for Magnus.
- --
Jon T Erdman (aka StuckMojo)
PostgreSQL Zealot

On 02/03/2012 05:32 PM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 03, 2012 at 04:38:55PM -0600, Jon Erdman wrote:
>>
>> I'm copying a couple other prospective speakers here (you two
>> please see thread history below):
>>
>> David Wheeler Merlin Moncure
>>
>> So, as the Professor would say, good news everybody! We now have
>> two offical Bronze Sponsors:
>>
>> Jon Erdman - $500 Jim Nasby - $500
>>
>> This generous contribution by these two pillars of the postgres
>> community (*cough*) will allow us to secure our venue today, or
>> at least get the wheels in motion. As a result, those of you
>> who've said they'll speak are safe to start planning your trip,
>> as it is now definitely going to happen! We have the call in to
>> the venue and when we get the contract signed I'll let you know
>> so we can get plane tickets reserved.
>>
>> Stay tuned...
>
> FYI, I see flights round-trip from Philly for USD $240. You
> realize there is perhaps plan for a Washington DC PGDay on March
> 30? I think they are waiting on an venue too.

>> - -- Jon T Erdman (aka StuckMojo) PostgreSQL Zealot
>>
>> On 02/03/2012 09:21 AM, Jon Erdman wrote:

Attachment Content-Type Size
0x9D068521.asc application/pgp-keys 2.1 KB