Re: Slogans for 9.2

From: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Slogans for 9.2
Date: 2012-01-31 08:00:29
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

Hello,

when you do marketing slogans - you always have to think about what ppl
will interpret into it.

Am 30.01.2012 21:13, schrieb Josh Berkus:

> "Fastest Database Yet"

That says we weren't fast before.

> "Your Database, Accelerated"

My female feeling says it isn't perfect - but I don't have words for my
feelings.
In any case - it is hard to get a similar short translation.

> "Features + Speed = Awesome"

Here ppl will think - they have tons of features - they have speed -
what about security?
Do they just pipe all to /dev/NULL

> "Make Way for Speeding Elephants"

Should get speeding Turtles for Japan => also not perfect.

> I'm not thrilled with any of those, so, ideas?

I always say PostgreSQL is the Volvo under the databases - safe, robust
and fast.

You might know - Germany has no speed limit.
But - usually speed has a price.
The faster the cars and motor cycles - the more ppl think about safeness
and robustness.

When you talk about speed you always should point out that we are still
robust, safe and
reliable.

What just about:
PostgreSQL - always better

Or:
PostgreSQL 9.2 - more speed, more robust, more safe

Susanne

--
Dipl. Inf. Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant
www.2ndQuadrant.com