Re: Windows x86-64 One-Click Install (9.1.2-1, 9.0.6-1) hangs on "initialising the database cluster" (with work-around)

From: Eric Borts <eborts(at)bltek(dot)com>
To: Dharmendra Goyal <dharmendra(dot)goyal(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Windows x86-64 One-Click Install (9.1.2-1, 9.0.6-1) hangs on "initialising the database cluster" (with work-around)
Date: 2012-01-27 19:41:12
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Regarding my final point:

"Similarly, you may prefer to have the default action for a batch file
(.bat) changed to Edit instead of Open. Double-clicking the file will
not run the commands in the file, and if users want to run the file,
they can use the*Open*command on the shortcut menu."
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/320036

This advice would be likely to hang the PostgreSQL installer.

Cheers,
Eric