Re: Interpreting pg_stat_replication values

From: Alexander Fortin <alexander(dot)fortin(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Sergey Konoplev <gray(dot)ru(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interpreting pg_stat_replication values
Date: 2012-01-19 15:04:30
Lists: pgsql-admin

On 1/18/12 9:38 AM, Sergey Konoplev wrote:
> With 9.1 you can use
>
> SELECT now() - pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp() AS time_lag;

Hi Sergey,
thank you very much for your suggestion. In the meanwhile we went for a
check on pg_stat_replication, but we'll add one as you suggest soon on
the replicas.

By the way, maybe you know where I could find documentation about
possible values from column "state" on view pg_stat_replication? I can
see "streaming" when everything is ok, and once I could get just a
"catchup" while a replica was synching.

--
Alexander Fortin
http://about.me/alexanderfortin/