Re: WIP patch for parameterized inner paths

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP patch for parameterized inner paths
Date: 2012-01-17 16:02:34
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/17/2012 12:06 AM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Well, since I see other committers sending in patches the day after the
> nominal commitfest deadline, I don't feel too bad about being a bit late
> as well.

To clarify the fairness standard here: submitting a patch before the
CommitFest deadline, then adding it to the app, means that we will try
very hard to find a reviewer for the submission during that CF. It's
setting a worst-case bound on how long someone who contributes will have
to wait for feedback. That delay, how long it would take before someone
saw community feedback after they sent in a patch, used to be far less
predictable.

Something like this, sent just after the deadline, won't be assigned a
reviewer by the CommitFest manager until the next CF. That doesn't mean
it won't be reviewed anyway. Also, submissions that fix a regression,
like this one, can easily end up on a fast track unrelated to the normal
schedule.