Re: git page broken link

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>
Cc: <jonathan(dot)katz(at)excoventures(dot)com>,<pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: git page broken link
Date: 2012-01-16 18:33:54
Lists: pgsql-www

Stefan Kaltenbrunner wrote:
> On 01/14/2012 10:48 PM, Kevin Grittner wrote:
>> "Jonathan S. Katz" wrote:
>>
>>> Are you having a DNS issue locally?
>>
>> Just with the one hostname: www.postgresql.org -- it apparently
>> was no longer showing up in my ISP's DNS server. I called them and
>> they did something on their end which fixed things.
>
> we had some sporadic reports about that through other channels over
> the weekend as well, we are pretty sure we have found and fixed all
> the problems related to that, however it would be nice if you could
> confirm that your are not seeing any further issues.

The initial problem was on the 14th. A call to the ISP got it
working again. Then it was dead again on the 15th and it took about
two hours on the phone with their tech support people to get it
working again. (Resetting the cable modem, which apparently has its
own DNS cache was ultimately required.) No problems after that,
which was maybe 1:00 pm CST on the 15th.

-Kevin