Re: xlog location arithmetic

From: Greg Smith <greg(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: xlog location arithmetic
Date: 2012-01-15 01:18:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 01/14/2012 09:12 AM, Euler Taveira de Oliveira wrote:
> But I must adjust the patch based on the thread comments (basically,
> numeric output). I have a new patch but need to test it before submitting it.
> I'll post this weekend.

It's now at https://commitfest.postgresql.org/action/patch_view?id=776
listed as waiting on you right now. It's good to put patches into the
CF application early. Helps planning, and gives a safety net against
all sorts of things. We wouldn't want something this obviously useful
to get kicked out if, for example, you lost your Internet connection
over the weekend and then didn't technically qualify as having submitted
it there before the deadline. As someone who sweated today for two
hours when my power at home was turned off to install a new circuit
breaker, I'm feeling particularly paranoid right now about that sort of
thing here.

The fact that you got some review feedback before the official CF start
doesn't mean you can't be listed there right now. In fact, those are
things I like to see tracked. Having links to all of the e-mail
messages that were important turning points for a feature that changed
during review is very helpful to reviewers and committers. And the
easiest way to keep up with that is to start as early as possible: add
it to the app right after the first patch submission.