intermittent ECPG regression failure on Windows 7

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: intermittent ECPG regression failure on Windows 7
Date: 2012-01-09 20:47:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Every so often one or other of my buildfarm animals running on Windows 7
(64 bit) gets a regression failure running the ECPG tests. See
<http://www.pgbuildfarm.org/cgi-bin/show_failures.pl?max_days=90&member=chough&member=pitta&stage=ECPG-Check>.
It's not always the same test that fails, but it pretty much always
looks like some small file is totally empty, which leads me to suspect
that the file hasn't been flushed somehow. It's not clear to me why the
ECPG tests should be any different, though, especially as we use the
same regression driver as the main tests. Does anyone have any thoughts?

cheers

andrew