Re: PostgreSQL survey

From: Ned Lilly <ned(at)xtuple(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL survey
Date: 2011-12-13 16:33:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

>> 1. Anyone using PostgreSQL for enterprise mission critical system ?

xTuple has over 300 paying customers running their mission critical ERP
system on PostgreSQL - and thousands more community users running the
free xTuple PostBooks edition.

>> 2. How big are the servers you are running PostgreSQL, Is there
>> anyone using more than 32 cores or 256GB memory ?

Most of our DBs are likely smaller than what you're looking for here.

>> 3. What OS you are using to run this mission critical system on
>> PostgreSQL ? Linux, Unix ?

Most often Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu, CentOS, SuSE, more) ... but also Windows
and Mac OSX.

>> 4. Who provides PostgreSQL support ? Do you have any support
>> contract with a third party company ? If so, how much is the
>> monthly support fee ?

We include support for the database in our ERP support, as we leverage
the PostgreSQL backend (pl/pgsql, triggers, view-based APIs, etc.) for
most of the application business logic.

Regards,
Ned

--