How to get Place Names from Lat Lon

From: Adarsh Sharma <adarsh(dot)sharma(at)orkash(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: How to get Place Names from Lat Lon
Date: 2011-12-01 11:46:51
Lists: pgsql-general

Dear all,

I have a position table that contains the lat lon of an entity from time
to time.
Now I want to get the place names from the respective lat lon.

In the past , I am able to get the country names in which the lat lon
falls because I have a table that contains the geom of all countries.
But now, I want to know the city name too fore.g Delhi , Bangalore ,
canada, netherland etc.

Is it possible, pls let me know.

Thanks