Re: PG documentation build is wedged

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-docs <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PG documentation build is wedged
Date: 2011-11-24 17:44:18
Lists: pgsql-docs

On 11/24/2011 02:43 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>> I think the devel docs are now supposed to be built by bf member
>> guaibasaurus, but the necessary hooks on the buildfarm client to copy
>> them to the webserver aren't there yet.
> It's almost there. Based on current plans, we hope to have the
> developer docs up and running early next week. (Actually, didn't
> realize they were broken - it's just that their new location is
> planned to go live next week, which will implicitly fix this problem)

You need to change the config of this animal to something like:

optional_steps => { build_docs => { branches => [ 'HEAD' ],
min_hours_since => 0 } },

There's no point in not building the docs for HEAD on every build, since
"make dist" in the new module will build them if they're not built
anyway, but in such a way that they're not so readily usable, whereas
this way you can copy them out easily.

cheers

andrew