Call for Papers / Prague PostgreSQL Developers Day 2012

From: Tomas Vondra <tv(at)fuzzy(dot)cz>
To: pgsql-announce(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Call for Papers / Prague PostgreSQL Developers Day 2012
Date: 2011-11-11 00:48:41
Lists: pgsql-announce

====== Prague PostgreSQL Developers Day 2012 : Call for Papers ======

Fifth year of "Prague PostgreSQL Developers Day" conference, organized
by CSPUG (Czech and Slovak PostgreSQL Users Group), will be held on
February 9, 2012 in Prague.

***** Call for Papers *****

Starting today, the "call for papers" is open, so if you'd like to
present something interesing and relevant at the conference, send us
some basic info at info(at)p2d2(dot)cz(dot) Especially we need this:

* contact info (name, phone, company)
* topic of the session (abstract, what is the goal, etc.)
* expected length (usually 40 minutes)

This is a developer conference, so we're interested mostly in session
from the user/developer point of view. Let us list several interesting
aread just for inspiration:

* new, unique and unconventional ways how to use PostgreSQL
* migrating production systems to PostgreSQL
* DWH systems based on PostgreSQL
* hacking PostgreSQL code
* problems when deploying PostgreSQL
* other open source databases (Firebird, MySQL, ...)

But this list definitely is not comprehensive, there are many other
interesting topics.

We're looking for two english-speaking guest, the other talks will be in
czech language. We're going to cover travel and hotel expenses up to
about 500 EUR (should be enough for 2 nights in a hotel and air ticket
from Europe).

***** Schedule *****

The call for papers ends on January 6, 2012 (end of day). The talks
schedule will be announced till January 13 (and the registration will
open at the same time).

***** Acknowledgements *****

We'd like to thank The Department of Software Engineering of the Charles
University in Prague for helpful and flexible negotiation and for
providing us the place.

***** Contacts *****

The conference is organized by Pavel Hak and Tomas Vondra and other
members of the Czech and Slovak PostgreSQL Users group. If needed,
contact us at info(at)p2d2(dot)cz

kind regards
Tomas Vondra & Pavel Hak