Re:

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: daflmx <daflmx(at)qq(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re:
Date: 2011-10-31 04:27:40
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10/31/2011 11:52 AM, daflmx wrote:
> Hi,friends.
> How can I remove the postgresql-9.1.1 from my system.I have installed it
> by source code.
> Thanks.

If you installed it into a --prefix with nothing else in it, just delete
that folder.

If you used a --prefix that has other stuff in it, eg
"--prefix=/usr/local", you'll have to remove the individual directories
that were added unless it has a "make uninstall" (I haven't checked).

In general, it's helpful to use a program like "checkinstall" to make
manifests of source installs so they're simple and easy to uninstall
later. This has to be done when you install so it won't help you this
time, but it will in future.

--
Craig Ringer