Re: PG 9.1.1 - availability of xslt_process()

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PG 9.1.1 - availability of xslt_process()
Date: 2011-10-27 06:27:54
Lists: pgsql-general

On 10/26/11 11:13 PM, Andrea Peri wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm using the compiled version of PG 9.1.1 on win32 .
>
> try-ing to call the xslt_process(text,text) (two parameter version)
>
> PG say me it is not available.
>
> In the docs are say that it is available only if compiled with the
> libxslt lib.
> I see that dll is available in the lib folder.
> So I guess it should be available.
>
> To verify if it is available I search that function in the list of
> functions with pg-admin.
> But it is not available.Neither the three parameter version of
> xslt_process() is available.
>
> Perhaps is need to run some script to have it available ?

isn't that part of the deprecated XML2 contributed module?

wild guess says you need to install the contrib module with something
like...

CREATE EXTENSION xml2;

but, as a deprecated module, XML2 has been on the 'remove soon' list
since 8.4. Instead,, you should use the SQL/XML standard compliant
functions built into postgres,

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast