Re: BUG #6269: Anomaly detection

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Paul Stapersma" <paul(dot)stapersma(at)gmail(dot)com>, <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: BUG #6269: Anomaly detection
Date: 2011-10-25 17:51:26
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Paul Stapersma" <paul(dot)stapersma(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.3

> A full report on our findings can be found here:
> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19316575/report.pdf

I would like to independently run your tests, but I don't see
anything in the paper to describe the table(s) used or how they were
populated. Could you provide more information or a link? Without a
bit more information, it's impossible to tell whether some of the
more surprising results were the result of a flaw in your
methodology, a bug in 8.3.3 which may have been fixed in a release
over three years ago, or a bug still present in PostgreSQL.

Thanks,

-Kevin