Re: Contents of WAL files

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>,"gabriel12345" <g_laden(at)yahoo(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Contents of WAL files
Date: 2011-10-14 20:32:00
Lists: pgsql-admin

gabriel12345 <g_laden(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

> I was reading Chapter 29 of the postgres manual about WAL files
> and couldn't find any specific information about what is actually
> in the WAL files, per se.
>
> To be as specific as possible, can anyone provide more detail
> about what content is actually written into these files?

I'm not sure there's a level of detail available between that and
the links below.

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/backend/access/transam/README;h=c0c9aeaa318380908079cbb0f8f79e848cd105a9;hb=master#l387

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c;h=befb507047721bcde868a5682b97a3829cc85b81;hb=master

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/include/access/xlog_internal.h;h=4eaa243948be5023707e9d35d04504a0ebdf6416;hb=master