Re: [OT?] Time-zone database down [was: Re: timezone buglet?]

From: Mark Mielke <mark(at)mark(dot)mielke(dot)cc>
To: Greg Stark <stark(at)mit(dot)edu>
Cc: Merlin Moncure <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Geoghegan <peter(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Andrea Suisani <sickpig(at)opinioni(dot)net>, daveg <daveg(at)sonic(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [OT?] Time-zone database down [was: Re: timezone buglet?]
Date: 2011-10-08 15:16:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On 10/07/2011 11:02 PM, Greg Stark wrote:
> All that said I think this is far murkier than you all seem to think.
> Copyright law is one of the most complex areas of the law and this is
> one of the least well defined parts of copyright law.

Hi Greg:

I don't think "we all" think this issue is clear. Quoting relevant case
law and considering what position to hold or what action to take is what
I would call due diligence. If somebody wants to hire a lawyer that
might be advisable as well.

I think "wait and see whether this is a true violation" is a perfectly
valid legal position to hold and is not pretending in any way that this
issue is "clear"...

--
Mark Mielke<mark(at)mielke(dot)cc>