commiting transaction from outside

From: Julius Tuskenis <julius(at)nsoft(dot)lt>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: commiting transaction from outside
Date: 2011-10-03 16:50:07
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hello,

my question my sound strange, but because of a bug in an application I
see the transaction was started and not commited (connection state is
IDLE in transaction). Is there a way to commit this transaction? I don't
want to loose data. I think if I close the application the transaction
would get rollbacked.
I've tried google'ing but without results - this might mean, that there
is no way, but I thought asking is an option..

Thank you in advance for any advice.

--
Julius Tuskenis
Programavimo skyriaus vadovas