Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test

From: David Boreham <david_list(at)boreham(dot)org>
To: PGSQL Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Suggestions for Intel 710 SSD test
Date: 2011-10-02 02:39:27
Lists: pgsql-performance

I have a 710 (Lyndonville) SSD in a test server. Ultimately we'll run
capacity tests using our application (which in turn uses PG), but it'll
take a while to get those set up. In the meantime, I'd be happy to
entertain running whatever tests folks here would like to suggest,
spare time-permitting.

I've already tried bonnie++, sysbench and a simple WAL emulation
test program I wrote more than 10 years ago. The drive tests at
around 160Mbyte/s on bulk data and 4k tps for commit rate writing
small blocks.