Re: have SLRU truncation use callbacks

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Alvaro Herrera" <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>, "Pg Hackers" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: have SLRU truncation use callbacks
Date: 2011-09-29 17:51:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org> wrote:

> But I think these changes stand on their own, merely on code
> clarity grounds).

After a quick scan, I think it helps with that. This was a messy
area to deal with in SSI given the old API; with this change I think
we could make that part of the SSI code clearer and maybe clean up
unneeded files in a couple places where cleanup under the old API
was judged not to be worth the code complexity needed to make it
happen.

-Kevin