Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Is there really no interest in SQL Standard?
Date: 2011-09-19 13:50:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> +1 for a closed mailing list. It's a bit annoying to have to do such
> a thing, but it's not like we haven't got other closed lists for
> appropriate purposes. I guess the real question is, exactly what will
> be the requirements for joining?

Well, one requirement would be agreeing not to share anything discussed
in public without a vote of the entire group. Annoying, but that's how
confidential drafts go.

FWIW, the fact that the drafts *are* confidential is symptomatic of
everything which is wrong with the ISO.

Also, Suzanne indicated that summaries of what features were being
discussed could be posted in public, even if details could not be.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.