Re: BUG #6208: crash when c: occupied by removable drive

From: Craig Ringer <ringerc(at)ringerc(dot)id(dot)au>
To: "Richard G(dot) Bayer" <bayer(at)nws(dot)cz>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #6208: crash when c: occupied by removable drive
Date: 2011-09-17 22:59:57
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 09/16/2011 05:37 PM, Richard G. Bayer wrote:

> Bug reference: 6208
> Logged by: Richard G. Bayer
> Email address: bayer(at)nws(dot)cz
> PostgreSQL version: 8.4.7
> Operating system: Windiws XP 32-bit
> Details:
>
> After hours of debugging an application we bought we figured out that the PG
> library was the reason.
When you say "the Pg library" do you mean libpq? PgODBC? The PostGreSQL
server (postgres.exe)?

If you mean libpq or PgODBC, how did you determine that it was the
culprit of the crash? Do you have a test case or simplified demo program
showing the crash? Do you have a backtrace?

If it's actually postgres.exe not a library that crashes, when exactly
does it crash? What is shown in the server log? Can you try to get a
backtrace using the instructions here:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Getting_a_stack_trace_of_a_running_PostgreSQL_backend_on_Windows

--
Craig Ringer