Re: Statement-level rollback

From: "Ideriha, Takeshi" <ideriha(dot)takeshi(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, "Tsunakawa, Takayuki" <tsunakawa(dot)takay(at)jp(dot)fujitsu(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Peter Eisentraut" <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Statement-level rollback
Date: 2017-06-12 10:01:39
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-jdbc

Hello,

This feature hasn't been updated for a long time,
but I've just been interested in this feature and looking into the mailing list.

From: Tom Lane [mailto:tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us]
> In short, you can't make fundamental changes in transactional behavior without
> enormous breakage. That was the lesson we learned from the autocommit fiasco
> and I do not believe that it's inapplicable here.

I've just wanted to confirm what "autocommit fiasco" points out.
Are the below threads and git-log relevant discussion?
(If there are any other threads, could you please tell me the link?)

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/3E54526A(dot)121EBEE5%40tpf(dot)co(dot)jp#3E54526A(dot)121EBEE5(at)tpf(dot)co(dot)jp
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commit;h=f85f43dfb5b9043ea6b01d8b824c195cd7f9ed3c

Regards,
Takeshi Ideriha