Re: Having Issue Getting the Postgresql Service to Start

From: "Sogard, Michael (DPS)" <Michael(dot)Sogard(at)state(dot)mn(dot)us>
To: Sachin Srivastava <sachin(dot)srivastava(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Having Issue Getting the Postgresql Service to Start
Date: 2011-12-12 16:18:47
Lists: pgsql-general

The application log has this entry:
The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( PostgreSQL ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. You may be able to use the /AUXSOURCE= flag to retrieve this description; see Help and Support for details. The following information is part of the event: Waiting for server startup...

The System Log has these entries:
The postgresql-x64-9.0 service was successfully sent a start control.
The postgresql-x64-9.0 service entered the stopped state.

A little more information that may help, the service works fine as a local user. The problem only happens when we try to start it as a network user on the domain. As far as registering the service goes, I am not sure of the details of the installation. That was performed from a different team than mine. They are also stumped as to why this is happening.