Re: plsql gets "out of memory"

From: "Kevin Grittner" <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
To: "Rural Hunter" <ruralhunter(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Julio Leyva" <jcleyva(at)hotmail(dot)com>,<pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: plsql gets "out of memory"
Date: 2011-08-29 13:44:48
Lists: pgsql-admin

Rural Hunter <ruralhunter(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:

> it's a problem of migrating vast data from mysql to pgsql.

I don't know how helpful you'll find this, but when we migrated to
PostgreSQL a few years ago, we had good luck with using Java to
stream from one database to another. Be sure to include a lot of
inserts in each database transactions. We used prepared statements
for the inserts.

I don't know whether you would consider our data "vast" -- we had
about 100 production databases. At the time the largest was 200 GB.

-Kevin