Londiste won't start with dual IP addresses

From: Craig James <craig_james(at)emolecules(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Londiste won't start with dual IP addresses
Date: 2011-08-18 23:44:13
Lists: pgsql-admin

We had to temporarily assign two IP addresses to our servers. After doing so and rebooting, Londiste will start, but it just sits there doing nothing. The logfile has zero bytes, and it doesn't seem to connect to either the master or the slave database.

We reconfigured Postgres to listen on both addresses, but the /etc/hosts tables still point to the original addresses (that is, the second IP address shouldn't matter). But I can connect to Postgres on either IP address on all servers.

All other Postgres applications work. I can use psql, and our Perl DBI and PHP applications all work with no problems.

When I invoke "londiste.py --verbose ...", the log file says:

2011-08018 16:35:47,250 22074 DEBUG Attaching

And that's all. Nothing more ever happens.

Help? Thanks!

Craig