query interminable

From: Pedro Costa <pedrocostaarma(at)sapo(dot)pt>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: query interminable
Date: 2011-08-18 11:39:53
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello to all,

This is my first mail to the list. Sorry for the bad english. I need
your help.
I import 8 shapefiles to a database of pgadmin, (4 stretes and 4 rides).
I want to determinate the street of each ride by the distance so i write
a query but in some cases, when i run one spatial query, i have a problem.
The query results fine in 2 cases but in the others don't have luck
because is the query don terminate and keep run, never ends. It works
with tables with less features so i don't understand the problem.

I tried merge two shapes (one that work and other that not work), import
to pgadmin but still don't work.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Query:

psql -d osm -c "UPDATE passeios SET rua = (SELECT FID_ FROM eixos_rua
ORDER BY ST_Distance(eixos_rua.wkb_geometry,passeios.wkb_geometry) ASC
LIMIT 1)"