Re: using postgresql

From: John R Pierce <pierce(at)hogranch(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: using postgresql
Date: 2011-07-31 18:25:28
Lists: pgsql-general

On 07/31/11 11:06 AM, Pavel Stehule wrote:
> 2011/7/31 saeed ahmed<mycomputerbooks(at)gmail(dot)com>:
>
>> my english is limited and find it difficult to learn new things.only
>> by askiing ,i can learn.
>> i would like to know
>> if i want to make a website where user can insert data and after i
>> use query to get results.how should i begin?from where to start?
> look on this site, please, http://sqlzoo.net/

which is a SQL tutorial, but doesn't begin to address Saeed's question.

In order to give a decent answer, we'd need to know what sort of web
server programming languages he is good with. Where I work, this
sort of application is most frequently done with Java running on a
Tomcat or similar application server, and using a web application
framework like Java Spring. Of course, such an application could be
coded in most any server side application environment, from PHP to Perl
to Python.

you woujld define the various forms needed for entering and querying
your data tables, and probably various report display pages for showing
the query results, along with the controller glue to put these pages
together in a cohesive site.

--
john r pierce N 37, W 122
santa cruz ca mid-left coast