Re: Is there a committer in the house?

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Is there a committer in the house?
Date: 2011-07-15 21:52:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

>> Yeah, everybody's super-touchy this week. Must be the weather.
>
> Somehow blaming everyone else doesn't seem like the proper reaction. :-(

Look, it wasn't meant to be a complete list, or even a representative
one. That's why I tagged a "Bueller?" at the end. Even for those who
don't get the reference, there should have been a "Who the hell is Bueller?"

You might notice that we don't publish a list of committers anywhere.
In fact, *I* don't have one. So when I want to say "hey, who could be
doing committing and isn't currently?" I don't have any way to answer
that question. Which is why I posted the e-mail.

So, I reiterate: who do we have, as committers, who are capable of
committing a fairly wide array of patches? This would be good
information for every CF Manager to have, when things start getting
stuck in "ready for committer".

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.