Re: pgadmin and broken connections

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgadmin and broken connections
Date: 2011-07-12 16:45:15
Lists: pgadmin-support

>> Booo. I spoke too soon. While reconnecting the query window works
>> perfectly, reconnecting the object navigator does not. I just get
>> "refreshing server ______ ... failed".
>
> I'm unable to recreate that :-(

Well, it's happening pretty consistently here:

1) create an SSH tunnel to a PG server
2) Connect to pg server and open several query windows
3) close SSH tunnel
4) reopen ssh tunnel
5) try to access object browser
6) get "refreshing ... failed", or crash

I think I can reproduce the above pattern 100% of the time. Note that
pgadmin stays up until I make the mistake of clicking on the object browser.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.