Re: %ENV warnings during builds

From: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: %ENV warnings during builds
Date: 2011-07-05 06:30:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

schrieb Andrew Dunstan:
> Hmm, I missed that you had done this. Here are two replacement perl
> scripts I knocked up, but haven't yet tested. One of the things about
> them is that they remove knowledge of particular .l and .y files. and
> instead get the required invocation options from the relevant
> Makefiles. I think that's a lot better than the horrid hackery we have
> in the batch files.

Yep - they certainly look ways less messy than what I've created as a
simple perl version of the batch files.

But I get "Undefined subroutine &main::dirname called at
src\tools\msvc\pgflex.pl line 36." if I try to build with them.

I'll update my patch to remove my versions once they are fixed and commited.

Meanwhile you might need to create (at least temporarily) .bat wrappers
as the unpatched msvc build sytem expects them to be in place.
I could also extract those parts from my patch but we should probably go
the wohle way now to get it in shape and get it commited.

Regards,

Brar