Visual Studio 2010/Windows SDK 7.1 support

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Brar Piening <brar(at)gmx(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Visual Studio 2010/Windows SDK 7.1 support
Date: 2011-07-02 09:43:44
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Hi

I'm getting set up to test your VS 2010 support patches. Sorry it's
taken me so long - work decided to take this opportunity to become ...
rather hectic.

I'd appreciate it if you'd post the config.pl you're building with,
mainly so I can see what libraries and optional features you are or are
not using with your test builds.

Also: Have you been testing both 32-bit and 64-bit builds with VC 2010,
or have you been doing 32-bit builds only? It shouldn't matter, but it's
worth knowing.

If you're testing 64-bit builds, how are you building/obtaining your
dependencies, given that GnuWin32 doesn't carry 64-bit builds?
Rebuilding GnuWin32 packages? Building from sources? I've only just got
a 64-bit Windows dev environment set up so I'm new to building 64-bit
Pg. Any issues you had to resolve to get the x64 libs built?

I have an existing 32-bit Pg build environment on my other machine that
I'l be testing with as well, but I figure I may as well test x64 if I can.

--
Craig Ringer