Re: statically compiling postgres and problem with initdb

From: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org, mona_attarian(at)yahoo(dot)com
Subject: Re: statically compiling postgres and problem with initdb
Date: 2011-07-01 08:26:18
Lists: pgsql-general

On 1/07/2011 3:28 PM, mona attariyan wrote:
> Hi,
> I statically compiled my postgres and I got the following message when I
> ran initdb:

How did you compile Pg statically?

Please show your configure command line, any environment variables you
set, etc.

You've also left out a huge amount of information, like your Pg version,
where you got the sources from, your OS version, your compiler version,
etc. I strongly suggest that you read this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

before posting a follow-up.

> There was a discussion about this in the archive, but there wasn't any
> fix for it. I have to compile postgres statically for the project I'm
> doing.

Why? Perhaps if you explained that in a bit more detail it'd be possible
to find an alternative.

--
Craig Ringer