Re: psql copy paste failure

From: Susanne Ebrecht <susanne(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Michael Wood <esiotrot(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: psql copy paste failure
Date: 2011-06-29 08:28:42
Lists: pgsql-novice

On 29.06.2011 09:30, Michael Wood wrote:
> I'm not sure where the problem lies. Gnome Terminal? SSH (client? server?)
>
> I think I have tried e.g. rxvt to see if that worked better and as far
> as I remember I also encountered the problem there, but I might be
> remembering incorrectly.

As I said - I remember that I discovered the problem already years ago
running FreeBSD + KDE.

And yes - I run emacs / vi in a terminal.
ssh wasn't involved - all local.

When it would be terminal related - then copy from emacs terminal to vi
terminal
or vice versa also would fail - but this works fine.
This also excludes a buffer overload.
Also I can exclude that it is related to "curious" signs. My code only
use 7-bit-ASCII signs.

Susanne

--
Susanne Ebrecht - 2ndQuadrant