Re: bytea performance tweak

From: Vitalii Tymchyshyn <tivv00(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Florian Weimer <fweimer(at)bfk(dot)de>
Cc: Andreas Schmitz <schmitz(at)occamlabs(dot)de>, Oliver Jowett <oliver(at)opencloud(dot)com>, pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: bytea performance tweak
Date: 2011-06-27 15:23:38
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

27.06.11 16:57, Florian Weimer написав(ла):
> * Andreas Schmitz:
>
>> Is there a timeline for fully supporting the binary protocol?
> A PostgreSQL installation can contain user-defined types with a custom
> binary format, so this will not work with all databases anyway.
I'd say it would be up to Java developer to provide it's own decode for
such a types (in a PGObject?). If he wants, he should do server-level
cast to string in a query text.
Of course, I'd leave an option to make non-binary connection.

Best regards, Vitalii Tymchyshyn.