Re: Long Running Update

From: Harry Mantheakis <harry(dot)mantheakis(at)riskcontrollimited(dot)com>
To: Kevin Grittner <Kevin(dot)Grittner(at)wicourts(dot)gov>
Cc: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Long Running Update
Date: 2011-06-24 16:49:55
Lists: pgsql-performance

I called VACUUM on the database after abandoning the original all-in-one
update.

And I have a daily cron script that executes the following statement:

sudo -u postgres /usr/bin/vacuumdb -U postgres --all --analyze

But I had not considered using CLUSTER - I will certainly look into that.

Thanks again.

Harry Mantheakis
London, UK