Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Crediting reviewers & bug-reporters in the release notes
Date: 2011-06-17 18:15:02
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

> If I were to look for "blame" in the PostgreSQL source, I'd go to Git.
> I wouldn't object to removing the names in the release notes.

So, new policy: no names in the release notes, and we update the
contributor list with each release?

One thing we'd talked about offlist was having a "this release" list at
the bottom of the contributor list, for people who had contributed
*only* to the current release. I think it might be time to revisit that.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.